The JCC Maccabi Games and ArtsFest in Honor of Herschel Rosenthal
About JCC Maccabi Games
The JCC Maccabi Games®, a week-long Olympic-style sports competition, began in 1982. Each year, three communities host the Games, with one also hosting JCC Maccabi ArtsFest®, which was held for the first time in 2006. Attracting approximately 3,000 teens from around the globe, these events give your teens a chance to meet other Jewish youth while participating in sports they love, or in an intense immersion in their art. JCC Maccabi Israel® brings teens to Israel each summer to explore and experience their Jewish homeland in a pluralistic setting.
About the Dave and Mary Alper JCC
Set in a sprawling 23 acre campus, the Alper JCC at The Jay Morton-Levinthal Campus lies in the heart of the suburb of Kendall. The Center provides many opportunities for the Jewish community and all south Miami-Dade County residents to enjoy recreational, educational, cultural and social activities.
Our well-equipped Fitness Center is a great place to play indoor sports, train in the gym, try a fitness class, or swim in our heated Jr. Olympic pool. We also host a wide selection of adult programs and our children’s department, offers the young and young at heart a place to gather and socialize.
Our Quality Counts 5-Star Glen Greenstein Early Childhood Development Center offers families the perfect setting for their children, infants through preschoolers, to grow and learn. Also, our Sablotsky Cultural Arts Center hosts visual arts exhibits and performances for everyone bringing quality, renowned Jewish artists, authors and entertainers for the community to enjoy. For children and teenagers, the Kids’ Connection After School Program provides a structured but fun environment; and our summer camp gives campers the opportunity to expand their horizons. The Special Needs Program offers a fun, stimulating, and dynamic program for children, teens and adults with cognitive and/or physical disabilities and has been widely recognized for its services.
We are excited to bring the Miami community together for this amazing week long event!
BENEFITS to our Miami community…
- The JCC Maccabi Games® and ArtsFest® In honor of Herschel Rosenthal will be hosted in Miami, August 6-11, 2017
- $3 million dollar projected economic impact for the 5 days of JCC Maccabi events (based on the 2013 Games hosted in Austin, TX)
- 10,000 spectators and participants proudly in attendance for Opening Ceremonies at The Watsco Center on the University of Miami Campus
- Community-building opportunities with law enforcement agencies and municipal governments
- 3,000 total visitors including teens, coaches, chaperones, volunteers, parents & guests to showcase local tourist attractions
- 1,500 Jewish teens ages 13-16 From around the country & the world will be in Miami for the Games®, including 200 teens from the Miami area
- Volunteer participation in local community charities
- 1,000 volunteers